This easy to build product is the perfect flat pack kit if you want to make your own composting toilet for a narrow-boat, caravan, campervan or other off-grid setting where you can’t run urine into a soakaway pit. This may be a kit, but you get the same Strumpet and Trollop quality in everything included, all you have to do is decide how you want to paint or stain it! It’s as easy as that.
The kit comes with:
- High quality, precision cut 15mm birch plywood base, sides and lid. Pre-cut holes (with included vents/bungs) for future expansion options. Ideal surface for painting, oiling or staining.
Strumpet and Trollop Urine Separator.
- 10 litre urine collection bottle with screw on lid. Wide opening and strap/handle for easy handling and emptying. Made with SteriTouch anti-bacterial agent.
- Solids Tank – 23 litre solids container with lid. Stackable design. Made with SteriTouch anti-bacterial agent.
- All the screws, dowels etc needed, with required parts pre-drilled for your convenience.
- White plastic standard sized toilet seat.
- Knock in feet to lift it slightly off the floor (helps prevent damp from the floor getting into the wood).
- A roll of 25 compostable bags.
- Full assembly instructions, with detailed pictures.
All you need is a flathead screwdriver and a hammer (to knock in the dowels). Joints are incredibly strong – we use ‘IKEA’ style furniture assembly components that lock into place. Once assembled, you can finish with paint, stain or oil, to suit your taste and decor.
Specifications:Size: 390mm (w) x 525mm (L-front to back) x 510mm (to top of seat)
Solids Tank Capacity: 23L Antibacterial
Urine Tank Capacity: 10L Antibacterial
If ordered with Modesty Bung this fits inside the back poop-chute part of the separator to hide the contents below. It is made from the base of the solids tank after it is cut off and so is slightly too big for the hole once the foam is added. Just place it on a slight forward slant and you’re good to go 🙂
The ‘Modestly’ Bung is purely designed for this, to cover the view of the contents of the solids tank in your Compost Toilet when not in use. We recommend that it is always removed when urinating, and insist that it is always removed when doing a number 2 😉